The outcome of the Corridor Access Plan will be a set of area-wide options for station access and parking management to be implemented in alignment with construction of each station’s development. The Corridor Access Plan builds upon years of community input into locally adopted plans and policies. It is the next step of a multi-year collaborative effort between BART, Berkeley, and El Cerrito to develop the Ashby, North Berkeley and El Cerrito Plaza BART stations for much-needed housing.
There are three phases in the Corridor Access Plan process for which we could use your input:
- Phase 1 (Summer 2021) – Your Needs: Using your input through the survey and map, BART will summarize the access needs across the corridor.
- Phase 2 (Fall 2021) – Initial Access Options: We will ask for your feedback on an initial set of options for area-wide station access and parking.
- Phase 3 (Spring 2022) – Draft Corridor Access Plan: We will ask you to review the plan, which will summarize your needs, confirm and prioritize the set of options for station access and parking, and identify funding opportunities to implement these options.
- Introduce plan
- Develop vision and review goals
- Collect data
- Define needs
- (1) Engagement and feedback
- Understand access opportunities
- Identify menu of access options
- (2) Engagement and feedback
- Set BART parking range
- Confirm access options
- Determine funding and financing
- Develop Draft Corridor Access Plan
- (3) Engagement and feedback
- Finalize Corridor Access Plan
- Continue finalizing Corridor Access Plan